Posted: 25 November
At PillPack, an independently operated subsidiary of Amazon acquired in 2018, our customers come first. PillPack is seeking a Pharmacist in Charge with a strong commitment to patient safety and with high standards of service to deliver on being the earth’s most customer-centric pharmacy.
PillPack operates pharmacy fulfillment centers in a number of states. Each pharmacy fulfillment center employees pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, quality assurance and compliance professionals, and a distribution team. The Pharmacist in Charge is responsible for guiding practices to adhere to state and federal regulations. This individual will claim accountability for the performance and advancement of quality and compliance initiatives, and will work to develop progressive strategies to continuously improve safety and service beyond traditional expectations. The Pharmacist in Charge will ensure all fellow team members are properly credentialed and trained to fulfill a commitment to excellence.
Note: this fulfillment center position may require relocation. Only serious applicants need apply.
· Stay informed of local, state, and federal laws related to pharmacy fulfillment center practices, including changes or developments and their impact on PillPack and its customers
· Coordinate with the corporate legal team to maintain licensure of the pharmacy and its staff with various state pharmacy boards. Continuously monitor licensure requirements
· Align policies and initiatives with requirements and demands of accrediting/licensing bodies (BOP, VIPPS, URAC)
· Serve as a liaison between PillPack and the Board of Pharmacy and attend the Pharmacy Board Meetings
· Monitor transactions within the pharmacy to maintain control of pharmaceutical materials and guarantee adherence thereof with applicable state and federal laws
· Educate pharmacy staff on policies, reporting guidelines, and expectations as they relate to best quality practices
· Provide insight into new and ongoing projects and efforts
· Drive quality efforts throughout the fulfillment center facility and manage all Quality Assurance Meetings
· Partner with operations management to review processes regularly to ensure optimal efficiency and embrace continuous quality improvement
· Maintain and report all records for the dispensing of controlled substances to each state when required
· Review escalated issues for resolution. Interface with clients and team members as needed to resolve
· Five or more years Pharmacist in Charge experience
· Experience managing high-volume, highly-automated pharmacies
· Experience managing 30+ employees (including Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians, and Pharmacy Interns)
· Extensive experience developing and managing pharmacy fulfillment center workflows
· Active/Good Standing License in all states requiring Non-resident PIC license
· Three or more years Pharmacist Preceptor experience
· Experience communicating with and presenting to Boards of Pharmacy and other regulatory bodies
· Knowledge of facility inspection and licensing process in Non-Resident states