Posted: 10 May
If you wish to further develop your career with one of the most successful logistics organizations we are looking for a new Business Analyst. This is an excellent opportunity to join our Sea Logistics team in Jersey City, NJ.
Performs a variety of duties in support of customer system integration mapping, configuration and testing activities. Majority of time is coordination of EDI mappings through programming and analysis of testing while acting as a liaison between the solution engineer, programmers, testing staff, and the system application teams. Also provide and maintain detailed results based on defined system integration test plans as determined by the Solutions Engineer.
* Gather, analyze, and prioritize customer needs and synthesize into logical mapping and technical specification documents, analyze project needs related to customer’s requirements and in relation to operational commitment and system capabilities, and manage to project plan timelines.
* Facilitate cross-functional requirements gathering and analysis sessions and document project specifications between business and IT, work closely with EDI programming team (IT) to coordinate project task scoping, estimation, planning, and monitoring activities and train internal and external customers as needed on the implemented solution and provide assistance in using Kuehne+Nagel systems to create automated KPI alerts to ensure the operational success of the project.
* Coordinate and ensure various system setup to support EDI requirements. (CIEL, Login, GTN, Etrack), manage hand-over to production support team and follow on the project until steady state, and act as a liaison between the stakeholders and application owners, for any issues that occur during testing.
* Report problems through an established protocol utilizing test workbooks and issues logs to project team members, assist in the creation of test cases, standard test plans, etc. (Specifically GTN milestone testing end to end) and creation of test shipments including, but not limited to all usual Sea Logistics and Air Logistics forwarding operational activities such as pick-up or inland transportation, booking, document preparation, status progression, invoicing within Kuehne+Nagel’s test environments. (Includes CIEL and GTN).
* Follow-up on test cases by validating Kuehne+Nagel’s tracking and tracing applications through to final events such as destination delivery and data quality requirement with respective stakeholders, resolve issues respective to meeting system integration testing requirements, data input, and timeline, and read and work in accordance with Quality Management Work Instructions and QHSE procedures (ISO9001).
Your Skills and Experiences
* Fluent in the English language.
* College degree in computer science, information technology or supply chain logistics preferred.
* Prefer a minimum of 2 years current work experience in ocean/air freight forwarding or supply chain management, but will consider a computer science / EDI focused college degree in lieu of work experience.
* Ideal candidate will have an understanding of EDI and of supply chain management systems (preferably with GT Nexus).
* Technical skills with emphasis on process mapping and analysis and the ble to work overtime when needed..
* Ideal candidate will have excellent organization skills and a strong ability to work on multiple projects at one time. Strong verbal and written communication skills, and strong PC skills, including Microsoft Office suite.
Good Reasons to Join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment. Kuehne+Nagel’s general working model is 4 (four) days office and 1 (one) day remote. However, some positions may offer a different hybrid model depending on the job location, function, etc. The working schedule specific details will be discussed in your job interview. Kuehne+Nagel reserves the right to change or adjust the working model policy.