Posted: 26 March
Circa £26,500 + standby & overtime once trained
Full time, 37 hours per week
Join us and make a difference!
Love Every Drop!
Come and join the motivated team of skilled Network Technicians and play your part in ensuring clean water reaches our customers and is safe to consume in the Northamptonshire area.
No day will be the same in this crucial role, you?ll undertake planned maintenance and also react to emergency requirements to maintain the water network. You?ll use your skills to carry out flushing, surveying, leak detections, pressure and flow tests and valve operations.
Using your asset maps, data and tools you?ll resolve both planned and reactive operational problems in a thorough and timely manner.
This is a field-based role and you?ll be provided with a fully equipped van as you travel around the region, consistently ensuring water quality is sufficiently maintained. A large part of the role will be liaising with customers, using your skills and expertise to deliver high levels of customer service, you?ll keep them informed every step of the way, becoming the face of Anglian Water for many of our customers.
When you join the team, you?ll be provided with plenty of hands-on training and job shadowing and work towards becoming NRSWA accredited & LTO trained (licence to operate).
As a valued employee, you?ll be entitled to:
* Personal private health care
* 23 days annual leave ? rising with length of service
* Flexible working
* Access to a company vehicle, tools and all uniform and PPE
* Competitive pension scheme ? Anglian Water double-matches your contributions up to 6%
* Bonus scheme
* Flexible benefits to support your wellbeing and lifestyle.
What does it take to be a Water Network Technician?
* Educated to GCSE level (or equivalent)
* Experience of working in an engineering industry, ideally providing a front-line service
* A strong technical aptitude
* Ideally experience of water networks, street works and leakage control
* Professional contact with customers is key, you must be able to explain terminology to the public in order to reassure and provide a great service
* Proven experience of providing great customer service.
* This role requires you to work a 37-hour week, however you will need a flexible approach to working hours as you?ll be required to be on a standby rota and undertake overtime as and when required ? you?ll be paid extra for this!
* In this field role you?ll travel to various locations around the region.
Why Anglian Water?
As well as being essential to survive, water is the key to a thriving economy and a flourishing environment. By joining us, you?ll become part of a company looking to raise awareness of the importance of water as we collaborate with customers, colleagues, communities to ensure we are securing a future water supply for our region.
Closing date: 11th April 2021
Interview dates: TBC