Posted: 17 October
As a Manager of Prescription Acquisition, you will play a critical role in providing exceptional service to PillPack by
Amazon Pharmacy customers by leading a key Pharmacy Front End Operations pillar in Phoenix, AZ.
What’s This Job All About?
PillPack Pharmacy is committed to building the future of pharmacy and to deliver on being the earth’s most
customer centric Pharmacy. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you are
passionate about the future of healthcare this is your chance to make history by joining the Pharmacy Operations
team. PillPack by Amazon Pharmacy is seeking an experienced Manager of our Prescription Acquisition team. We
are looking for an exceptionally well-versed leader in the industry with a proven track record of Team Leadership,
Business Growth, and Pharmacy Operations success. The ideal candidate will possess both an optimization
background that enables him/her to manage quantitative planning and a demonstrated ability to think broadly and
strategically about company-wide initiatives. He/she will experience a wide range of problem solving situations,
strategic to real-time, requiring extensive use of data collection and analysis.
The Manager has responsibility for all cross functional operational requirements with regards to ensuring that all
of our customer’s expected prescriptions have been obtained, accounted for within their shipment, and that
proper communication with the customer has taken place. You and your team of Managers, Team Leads,
Pharmacists, and Pharmacy Technicians are responsible for accurately acquiring New or Existing PillPack customer
prescriptions from Prescribers and/or Pharmacies. Key areas that you’ll always focus on are the quality, customer
experience, and productivity of your department. You will ensure that we have properly trained technicians, across
all shifts, and that their needs are addressed so they can focus on their jobs. In addition, one of the most important
aspects of your job is to lead operational growth through quality, compliance, product, and productivity
improvements. This position requires a candidate with the proven ability to drive process improvements and the
ability to keep pace with our explosive growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of an extremely
● Lead and supervise a team of 5-10 direct reports (e.g., Operations Managers, etc.) and 100+ indirect
reports within Pharmacy Front End Operations. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and
evaluation of Prescription Acquisition operations of the AZ facility.
● Influences the workflows and processes for teams as well as identifies scalable and automated solutions
(e.g., development of clinical tools).
● Leads and participates in cross-team operational excellence. Solicits team feedback to continuously
improve quality, efficiency and accuracy.
● Frequently identifies opportunities for improvement based on data inputs and performs deep dive
analysis to identify and solve for root-cause of problems.
● Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
● Build, develop, and retain a world class team of Managers, Team Leads, pharmacists, interns, and
technicians (CPhTs and Registered) within the Prescription Acquisition department.
○ Responsible for ensuring accurate staffing, hiring, and scheduling to meet company goals and
■ Manage and maintain Prescription Acquisition’s P&L
○ Create best-in-class staffing plans for business by managing trade-offs between Operation
Service Levels, Employee Experience, and Cost Effectiveness.
○ Drives employee engagement, culture, and growth.
■ Creates an environment that encourages and supports risk taking around the creative
■ Asks questions that guide others to challenge the obvious answers and get others to
move beyond to get to a creative solution.
○ Responsible for fulfilling our customer promise, by planning and implementing processes and
procedures that meet and exceed departmental SLAs and improve efficiencies.
○ Ensure operating processes are fully documented and audited regularly.
● Develops mechanisms to proactively identify issues; Responsible for solving the most complex problems,
specific to the Prescription Acquisition Department, at scale, generating creative solutions.
● Challenges the status quo- always willing to disrupt existing ways of doing things to generate new
solutions with broad business impact.
● Motivates the team to act quickly on issues and opportunities and helps them properly prioritize the
● Effectively balances long-term impacts with short-term results.
● Identifies cross group dependencies, and optimizes for the broader business need even when it might
disadvantage the Prescription Acquisition business directly.
○ Collaborate and partner with all leadership and teams across multiple departments and locations
in order to remove roadblocks, increase productivity, and define workflows.
○ Seeks to find solutions across teams that enable everyone to meet their goals, manages conflict
by focusing teams on the end or shared goals.
○ Demonstrates openness to understand the needs and positions of all stakeholders; effectively
synthesizing the opinions of others, asks relevant questions; demonstrates astute ability to read
what others value.
● Leads deep dives into operations and/or customer issues or gaps, able to clearly articulate the cause and
solutions to the most ambiguous challenges..
● Leverages the Amazon ecosystem to increase efficiencies and achieve business goals.
● Consistently maintain and/or exceed department’s defined operational metrics.
○ Provide senior leadership with business review data, identifying highlights and areas for
● Consult and collaborate with Ops, Finance, Product, and Technology teams to prioritize and drive
● Execute Company objectives through Amazon Leadership Principles as they relate to the department’s
● Leverages subject matter expertise in multiple areas including but not limited to: 1) organizational
product, partner, and process initiatives, 2) Compliance (e.g., AZ Board of Pharmacy meetings, deviations,
etc.) and 3) Quality
● Accomplish all other required tasks as noted above or assigned by senior leadership.
● Prior experience or use of Lean/Six Sigma
● Five (5) years of related experience with progressive management experience